The Dr. and Mrs. Barney Osborne Memorial Scholarship will be awarded annually to a graduating senior at Ironton High School. The amount of the award is $1,500. It is a one-time award and is not renewed from year to year.
To qualify for the award the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Be accepted at a four year college or university
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (out of 4.0) in all academic subjects
- Submit a copy of your college entrance common essay form or a subject determined by IHS
Candidates must submit an application no later than January 1.
Ironton High School counselors, and/or their designees, will submit a list of qualified candidates to the scholarship fund’s Board of Directors no later than April 15.
The Board of Trustees will recommend three qualified candidates for the scholarship. The criteria for selection include:
- Extracurricular Activities;
- And Community Involvement.
The recommended list will then be returned to the Ironton City Board of Education who will select the winner of the scholarship award.